Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Let's Try Biking For a Change of Pace

Anyone who knows me knows that I start new projects frequently. The only problem is that I start new projects, get really into them and then never finish...ever! I start reading countless books only to put them down before I reach the end (not good when you were an English major), I learned to knit (sadly only scaves), I started running with the intention of running a half marathon in January (only to quit before I could technically run a full 5 K). I had good intentions when starting each of these projects and countless others only to never finish them. The good news for me is that I am a starter and Lance is a finisher. I decide I want to refinish a piece of furniture, give it a few hours of my attention, say I'm going to come back later and then Lance ends up finishing things for me. He can't stand to leave things halfway finished (unless you count laundry and dishes)!

Tonight began a new project for us. I called Lance after work to let him know I was going to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things. Much to my surprise he was already there with one of his friends. They were in the bike isle picking out new bikes and helmets. Fortunately, I already have a bike that I got from Santa about 10 years ago and my sister and brother-in-law recently brought it to me! I was already set to being this new biking venture!

I figured that since it was our first biking adventure, we would probably go a few miles. More like 7.5 when we finished! I'm pretty excited about this new project, mostly because it means I don't have to run and because I didn't have to spend $150 on a new bike that I might be tired of riding in a few weeks! Wish us luck on our new biking routine! More likely than not, I'll be posting soon on how I had a horrific accident and fell off and will never ride again...only time will tell! Stay tuned, this could get interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment