Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Growing in God

I don't think I realized that when you take a step toward God and make a committment to yourself and him, you also have to step up as a Christian. What I mean is, I didn't realize that I couldn't be silent and blend into the background anymore. I am so talkative and bubbly around people I know...but it takes a looooonnnnggg time for me to get to that point.

Looking back on just these last few months, I have spoken in church in front of a few hundred people as well as people watching on tv. I have raised hundreds of dollars through selling sheets, pork loins and fried chicken dinners. I have become a part of a team with people counting on me, people I don't even know are counting on me to honor a promise I made four months ago. I have spoken up and defended my actions and attributions to someone who doubted my intentions for going on this mission trip. I have learned so much about myself! But...none of this is about me. Yes, all of those accomplishments are personal and something to be proud of. But the reason I am doing all of these things is because I feel that God needs me and wants me to do them for him.

Jesus gave us the most wonderful gift in the world. For a long time I struggled with the be "G," guilt. I felt so guilty that Jesus could give me something so wonderful when I don't deserve it and can never, ever be grateful enough!

I have so, so, so much farther to go in my relationship with God, but I am finally beginning to take pride in my actions and commitments! Lance and I are so grateful for this opportunity and only hope that we can do it justice!

We appreciate all of the love and support more than we can ever share! Please pray for us as we continue our journey in Christ and on this mission trip!

Love,

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment