Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Week of Celebration!

It has been a busy week around here! A "normal" week for Lance and I would consist of us going to work, getting home, fixing/eating dinner, exercising, watching tv, and then I go home and go to bed. We are one exciting couple, I know! ha!

This week started out pretty slow with the "normal" routine and got busy, busy, busy after that! Wednesday was one of Lance's coworkers last days in the cath lab. Kyle and his wife Kayla are moving back to Albany so Kyle can work at Phoebe and go back to school. About 20 people went to Loco's on St. Patty's day to celebrate and say farewell! Kyle really will be missed at work, but I know Lance and I will see him and Kayla all the time!

Thursday was Lance's 28th birthday! Wow! He's getting so old! I think this year was still go for Lance, but I think he's a little worried about getting closer to 30! I can't believe he's almost that old. When we started dating 3 1/2 years ago, he was the age I am now! For his birthday, Lance decided he wanted to go out of town since he was oncall Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We drove down to Valdosta and at a Japanese grill. It was actually really nice because no one else was seated at our table with us and we got our own private cook and show! While we were eating, our waiter came up and told us a car blew up outside. I got really worried and asked Lance to go outside and make sure it wasn't my car...or one close by! haha! It was actually across the street and I don't think anyone was hurt, just a lot of smoke!

Friday, I got off work at 4:30, picked Lance up and we went to the grocery store. My wonderful mother picked up some BBQ and Brunswick stew from a fantastic place for dinner. We came home a whipped up baked beans, salad, BBQ and stew for Lance's parents, aunt, uncle, counsins, and my parents to celebrate his birthday! We had a wonderful time and the best part is, Lance's aunt Shelby helped me wash all the dishes! Bless her heart! I meant to take some pictures, but I never realized how time consuming it is to be a hostess! haha!

I got up early on Saturday to clean my room and bathroom which I have been neglecting for months! Lance went out to his land to do some mowing and cleaning up. We once again played host and hostess to four people that work with Lance on Saturday night. Lance grilled burgers and quail to celebrate the warm weather (I had a veggie burger) and we had a really wonderful time!

Whew! This week and weekend have been a whirl wind, but we've really enjoyed hanging out with all our friends and meeting new people! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend also!

No comments:

Post a Comment